Sunday, March 25, 2007

Creative X-Fi frustrations

When I recently purchased a new computer, I chose for the Creative X-Fi Extreme Audio sound card. That version is actually the cheapest of the X-Fi series and right now I am really frustrated by Creative. There still is not Vista driver available that enables the X-Fi functionalities. Right now the only Vista driver is seriously crippled, which means I can't even get more that stereo sound out of my speakers. In windows testing I do get sound out of the rear speakers and subwoofer, but in applications it just doesn't work. Apparently this has to do with the lack of support for CMSS-3D (creative surround sound of something), but clearly this is just bad service by Creative. Vista has been available for 2 months now, please hurry up with proper driver support!

No comments: